* Each 2 day workshop is limited to only 4 students, with 2 accomplished instructors present at all times. This is to insure a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of metal art, with maximum safety.
* Tools you will learn to use include: mig and spot welders, plasma cutter, plate brake, multiple shears, grinders, drills, and other forming and pressing equipment.
All materials will be provided for you. They will include a variety of metals like: steel, iron, copper, and aluminum.
* As you learn these various techniques, that Lane and Alex have used in their commission work over the years, you will have an opportunity to apply them in your own creative art piece.
* On day one, you will learn how to use all the equipment and materials,and begin your art piece.
* On day two, with hands on guidance and assistance from the Van Dorens, you will continue to create your own work of art to take home when you leave the workshop.
* The Van Doren Metal Art Workshops will take place in our commercial studio, in the colonia of La Canada/Los Frailes, in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. It is a quick 10 minute taxi ride from Centro. This is a one of a kind, metal sculpture studio, that has never before been open to the public.
*NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY.
All that is required is the desire to learn.
* Cost for the workshop is only $145.00 U.S. per day, which includes all materials, course sessions, a locally sourced organic lunch with wine for both days of the class and an embroidered shop apron to use in class and take home.
* We will be creating special shows featuring student artwork at our gallery Van Doren Studio (Located at Fabrica Aurora).Check out vandorenstudio.com to see some examples of Lane and Alex’s work using the same techniques you’ll be learning.